JH Group are looking for an ambitious and meticulous Quantity Surveyor & Contracts Manager to join our growing business.
We are looking for a strong individual with cost planning and modelling experience who is happy to be involved from the very first steps of a project to completion with responsibility for the delivery of several projects simultaneously across Bristol & surrounding area, dealing with client interaction and overseeing site based teams.
The successful candidate will need to provide a comprehensive, accurate and value driven service for large, high profile and exciting key commercial, corporate and residential clients.
This role will report directly to the company Managing Director.
You must be able to work in a fast paced environment where attention to detail is of utmost importance and the quality of the build is of an exceptional standard and delivered to budget, on time. For the projects you are assigned you will be involved in applications, cost, value, change, risk and opportunity and client retention.
In return, we can offer a competitive salary package and the chance to join a successfully expanding business that continues to go from strength to strength.
- Cost Planning: Area Schedules, Measurement of Quantities, Cost planning, Presenting Cost plan.
- Feasibility Estimates.
- Risk Management.
- Post Contract Management: Preparation of Valuations, Final Accounts, Cost Reporting, Change Control.
- Contract Procurement.
- Achieve production targets and carry out programming and monitoring to ensure that deadlines are met
- Manage multiple projects ranging from £20k – £2m.
- Read and understand specifications, drawings, preliminaries and contract documentation
- Requisition and management of materials/delivery
- Hold progress meetings
- Give full consideration to the tender allowances when establishing the site compound
- Liaise with the design team, clients, subcontractors and suppliers to maintain good working relationships
- Attend monthly cost meetings and agree contribution forecast
- Ensure full compliance with all Health & Safety aspects
- Handle all customer care issues in a timely and professional manor
The successful candidate will likely have:
- Experience as a QS for main contractor
- Experience as either a multi-project PM or Contracts Manager for a main contractor.
- Track record of delivering a range of domestic and commercial groundworks and construction projects and new build developments on time and to budget
- Experience delivering projects of at least £500k in individual value
- HND/Degree qualifications in Quantity Surveying or similar qualifications, or trade qualified background
- Able to work under own initiative where appropriate, but also keen to work as part of a team and to be mentored and to develop and progress in their career development.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – Client facing.
- Very good numeracy skills.
- An enthusiasm to go the extra mile, to provide great client service.
- Articulate and able to interface directly and confidently with Client Leads and Design Team Principals. Achieves the highest standards of professional competence and to demonstrate this ability in all dealings with clients and professional contacts, reinforcing the profile of the company.
Please submit your CV to Claire at jhgroup-sw dot com.