JH Group are looking for an ambitious and meticulous Quantity Surveyor / Estimator to join our growing business.
We are looking for a strong individual with cost planning and modelling experience who is happy to be involved from the very first steps of winning a project to completion with responsibility for the delivery of several projects simultaneously across Bristol & surrounding area, establishing strong relationships with current and potential clients.
The successful candidate will need to provide a comprehensive, accurate and value driven service for large, high profile and exciting key commercial, corporate and residential clients.
This role will report directly to the company Managing Director.
You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is of utmost importance. For the projects you are assigned you will be involved in applications, cost, value, change, risk and opportunity and client retention.
In return, we can offer a competitive salary package and the chance to join a successfully expanding business that continues to go from strength to strength.
- Cost Planning: Area Schedules, Measurement of Quantities, Cost planning, Presenting Cost plan.
- Feasibility Estimates.
- Client management and retention
- Risk Management.
- Post Contract Management: Preparation of Valuations, Final Accounts, Cost Reporting, Change Control.
- Contract Procurement.
- Attend monthly cost meetings and agree contribution forecast
- Handle all customer care issues in a timely and professional manor
- Drive forward the growth of the business through identifying key clients and projects and establishing solid relationships.
The successful candidate will likely have:
- Experience as a QS / Estimator for main contractor
- HND/Degree qualifications in Quantity Surveying or similar qualifications, or trade qualified background
- Able to work under own initiative where appropriate, but also keen to work as part of a team and to be mentored and to develop and progress in their career development.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – Client facing.
- Very good numeracy skills.
- An enthusiasm to go the extra mile, to provide great client service.
- Articulate and able to interface directly and confidently with Client Leads and Design Team Principals. Achieves the highest standards of professional competence and to demonstrate this ability in all dealings with clients and professional contacts, reinforcing the profile of the company.
Do you believe you are the right person for the job? Call or email today 0117 978 3568 / [email protected]